Re: [oletrucks] 52-62 Vette front end

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 52-62 Vette front end
From: mark@noakes.com
Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2003 09:22:43 -0700 (PDT)
The C1 Corvette model ran from 53 thru 62.  The very first of the series,
53-55, did use
alot of the standard Chevy parts, but by the 56 model I believe they were
starting to
diverge.  I believe that the track (width)  is different though so it wouldn't
be
exactly the same (the Corvette Nomad Motorama show car was built on a standard
Chevy
chassis and the body work required modifications for the extra width).  The
total
production run for 53 was only 300, a few thousand for 54, and about 700 for
55.  These are
rare and not cheap.   The 56-62 would be more plentiful but still not common.

Mark Noakes