Re: [oletrucks] cigarette lighter question

To: <MLayton324@aol.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] cigarette lighter question
From: "G. L. Perry" <glperry@fwi.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2003 15:25:59 -0500
Mike, make sure you remove the nut and hot wire off back first. It is ALWAYS
Hot and don't touch it to ground. Then grab the whole outer casing and turn
to loosen. You may need to hole the outside trim and inner part with a
finger or such jambed in it. All the new ones have outer shell to hold in
just like that. Some come with a little plate to mount under dash, you won't
need that. Also, you can usually get just the elements to go into yours if
that's all the problem. You can get element to put your old know on, or the
whole thing with new knob with it. 6-volt should be used to get enough heat.
Harder to find 6-volt I'm sure. Try some of old-truck vendors. A 12-volt
will not warm up enough and may not even "pop" it out when heated. This is
all assuming you have 6-volt truck!

G. L. Perry