Re: [oletrucks] Re: rear shoes for a 1952

To: Mike Boteler <boteler@olg.com>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Re: rear shoes for a 1952
From: Rich Kosiba <kosibar@kolbenet.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 21:05:39 -0400 (EDT)
I had an interesting (related) experience with my '54. We looked up the
part at the auto parts store for the '54 brakes and bought what the book
said it should have. They matched the picture and everything. We got them
home and found out they were wrong.

So we took them back and no matter what we looked up or cross referenced
by, it said that we had the right brakes!

Then we thought about looking under '54 car, since that might be the same
as the truck. The '54 car was a different brake from what we had bought
and taken back, so we checked those against the old ones, and sure enough,
it was the right one!

I guess the moral of the story is - to save some time, take one side off
and take it with you, just to be sure. :)

Rich