Re: [oletrucks] ***

Subject: Re: [oletrucks] ***
From: "Steve Hanberg" <steve@OldSub.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 09:05:31 -0700
There are other taboo words that are sometimes used, but generally not
spelled out.  I agree its part of the culture and part of the fun.  I
participate in several of these groups, some are like this one, and deal
only with specific stuff, and others are more general.  The general tone is
set by the moderator, and either you can get along, or you move along.

Being anti-F**d appeals to the part of me that thought it mattered way back
when.  At this stage in my life I see no reason to change, but I'm well
aware that my bias has little or no rational basis.

About ten years ago I talked with a guy who had left his job running a
division of a then high-flying tech firm to work at a non-profit.  He once
told me he used to pay more in taxes than his non-profit salary.  He was
60ish, and considered himself semi-retired, and rather than making money he
wanted to make a difference.  He was trying to offer wisdom to a younger guy
(me) who was frustrated at not making enough money.  Between your comments
about your pastor friend, and yesterday being tax day, I was reminded of
that converstation.