Re: [oletrucks] Axle Ratios

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Axle Ratios
From: ke6bnl@juno.com
Date: Thu, 1 May 2003 14:59:38 -0700
If it is posi and both wheels turn the same as you rotate one wheel the
just count the number of times the drive shaft goes around in one
revolution with both wheels off the ground  1 to 3.73 or 1 to 4 plus a
fraction = 4.10

If the opposite wheel turns in a different direction then the one you are
turning put one wheel on the ground and rotate the one wheel alone in
neutral and double the drive shaft rotations for the one rev of the
wheel.  1.5+ a little =3.08  a little less then 2 rev = 3.73 close to 2
rev = 4.1 good luck works in pinch the best is to check the ring to
pinion teeth ratio.  Ed ke6bnl   So. Calif.

On Thu, 1 May 2003 14:53:59 -0600 "mr55gmc" <mr55gmc@attbi.com> writes:
> You wrote

   Ed     ke6bnl@juno.com                     ( 1950 f1 & 1963econo pu

      Agua Dulce Ca.    91390                    70 chevy S/B)  1948 Ford
F3
      So.   Calif. 70 mil N.Eof Los Angeles   1953 Chevy pu 3100)

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!