[oletrucks] Re-chroming GMC Fender Emblem

To: "oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Re-chroming GMC Fender Emblem
From: "Blaine & Maggie Dumkee" <bmdumkee@auroranet.nt.ca>
Date: Sun, 18 May 2003 13:26:56 -0600
I assumed when my truck when in for paint that I could have my GMC fender
emblems re-chromed on my 59 GMC. The shop painting my truck says that there
is too much detail on these emblems to send them out for chroming and this
detail would be lost when they are polished.

Does anyone have any experience with having small detailed parts re-chromed?

I have purchased a few used sets now and cleaned a pair up that look OK, but
I would still like to have a re-chromed set.

Blaine Dumkee
Fort Smith NT
Canada
 http://photos.yahoo.com/bdumkee