Re: [oletrucks] cigarette lighter hookup

To: Duff Karen ES-19 103 FW/EM <Karen.Duff@ctbrad.ang.af.mil>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] cigarette lighter hookup
From: tim <lloydt@Colorado.EDU>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 10:41:30 -0600
It's pretty simple, actually.  I recommend replacing the lighter
completely, as it may or may not be functional.  Your local NAPA or
other auto parts store will have a replacement, preferably with an
in-line fuse on the input line.

Attach the input line to your ignition switch -- either the "always-on"
terminal if you want the lighter to always function (not recommended),
or the "accessory" terminal if you want the lighter to function when
the truck is on or the ignition switch is in the ACC position.  The
lighter will ground its body to the cab frame, so make sure there's
enough metal contact between the lighter and the dashboard.  You don't
need any sort of voltage reducer if you get a new lighter.

On Tuesday, June 17, 2003, at 09:26  am, Duff Karen ES-19 103 FW/EM
wrote:

> I have the cigarette lighter in my truck, but there are no wires
> coming from
> it and it doesn't work (what a shock!)...I'm guessing this is an easy
> one..
> Can someone tell me how to get it working...and do i need a voltage
> reducer
> for this.  My truck is 12 volt.
>
> Thanks...
>
> Karen Duff
> 53 3100

Tim Lloyd, lloyd@lasp.colorado.edu
SNOE Mission Operations Lead Flight Controller
Laboratory for Atmospheric and Space Physics
"The eyes of the world now look into space, to the moon and to the
planets beyond, and we have vowed that we shall not see it governed
by a hostile flag of conquest, but by a banner of freedom and peace."
-- John F. Kennedy