Re: [oletrucks] cigarette lighter hookup

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] cigarette lighter hookup
From: Cameo3124@aol.com
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 15:47:56 -0400
Karen,,
 the cigarette ligher only requires a fused wire from a 12 volt source
cannectet to the center terminal to work , I dont know the amps your going to
need for the fuse, the body ( base) of the lighter receptical needs to be
grounded to the metal part of the dash, 12vt should work with a 6 vt element ok
,,since when the element heats up it releases the ligher and it pops out,, it
will heat up quicker with 12 volts and will not last as long, but should work

I have the cigarette lighter in my truck, but there are no wires