Re: [oletrucks] Oil Capacity of 235 six?

To: dave@juniorbaseball.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Oil Capacity of 235 six?
From: CraggD@aol.com
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 13:49:26 EDT
Dave,

I have a '56 235 and it takes 6 quarts (including one for the oil filter
canister).  You should replace the filter, most vendors carry replacements.
Measure your canister as there are slight variations among the one's I have
seen.
I have used a Fram C4P available at Kragens.  There was a recent post with all
the variations available, check the archives.  Bob Adler an AD expert
restorer recommends 10-30 SJ (API) oil, I have found Quaker State has a product.

Dave
49 GMC