Re: [oletrucks] Oil Capacity of 235 six?

To: "Dave" <dave@juniorbaseball.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Oil Capacity of 235 six?
From: "Gary Perry" <glperry@fwi.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 17:02:17 -0500
Woah! Not that much oil. I think some big GMC engines used more, but not a
235 Chevy! I would put in six (5) and check level, more may be needed for
ftilter change. On the oil filter. I take you have the steel canister on
intake? You have to suction the oil out of it and wipe out to get old oil
out and clean the canister. It's a PIA, but the thing don't drain down to
crankcase like you would think. Some canisters later had a pipe plug on
their side, lucky if you hve that! Still have to wipe it out.
  There was just a posting either here or on www.yahoogroups.com the
Old-chevy-truck group for all the brands of filters that fit these and their
numbers. Go look for that post. You should be on both anyway. If you can't
or won't hook-up, I can go back and find it for you, let me know.
glperry@fwi.com

G. L. Grumpy's
Old Iron Ranch
Huntington, IN 46750