[oletrucks] Side motor mounts for a TF

To: oletrucks <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Side motor mounts for a TF
From: Ryan Sain <rsain@gte.net>
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2003 08:33:40 -0700
Hi all!

Two things:

First - the show hosted by Magical Minis of Salem, Oregon was an amazing
event. 330+ trucks/cars and 3 days of beautiful weather. Didn't see ANY
oletruckers there, and that surprised me, as last year a 58 chev won its
class. My El Camino (http://www.wsu.edu/~rsain/elco.html) took third in its
class.  Woo Hoo!

I strongly recommend this show next year to all you out there. We will make
that our debut show for our 59 (and Amy's first show period).

But on to the point.

We have one last thing to do before the frame goes to paint. And that is to
fit the motor/tranny.

We have a 283 and would like to use side motor mounts. There are MANY
sources out there for these - any recommendations?

And a technical question:

When using the side mounts, is the motor automatically set at the proper
slope (front to back)? Or do I need to adjust for that when I weld the
suckers in place?

TIA

- Ryan