Re: [oletrucks] Cable hardware

To: "Mark Self" <mark.self@verizon.net>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Cable hardware
From: Bob Fischer <r.fischerjr@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Fri, 04 Jul 2003 08:20:49 -0700
Hi Mark,
You must be getting close on that truck.
I presume your talking about the cables from each rear wheel, going up to
the stock
actuating mechanism on each side. I used garage door hardware from my local
Dixieline hardware store. Use the tiny horse shoe shaped guides and a tiny "U"
clamp and your done. This has been working on my truck for well over a couple
years now.
I have a photo or two someplace, but I would have to look for it :)

>Hey guys, please pardon my ignorance.  I'm working on my parking brake
>setup ('79 Trans Am rearend in '55 1st AD).  I need to make a permanent
>loop in a piece of about 1/8" cable.  I've seen this little piece
>before, but I don't know what it's called.  Where the cable loops back
>on itself, there's a steel sleeve that's crimped in place to keep the
>cable from slipping.  Can any of you give me the correct name of this
>piece of hardware, and where would you find one?

"Nothin lasts forever except old Fords and a natural stone" - Willie Nelson

  http://Bobsplayce.home.att.net   e-mail -->r.fischerjr@att.net