[oletrucks] Gem or junk?

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Gem or junk?
From: "Dean Stoops" <67gto@myvine.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2003 23:40:38 -0400
There's gonna be a 65 Chevy C-30   10'  stepside with single rear tires
selling at an estate auction nearby. The story is that it has a relatively new
shortblock from jasper engines. 4spd granny low. The rocker panels and cab
corners are rusted through. Right front fender is wrinkled, box is not in the
best shape. Inner front fenders have minor rust above the headlight
area,,,less rust than what is normal for this area though. Front grill, hood,
and bumper are in excellent condition and the doors are OK.
I've kinda wanted to do a 1 ton dually with a mid 60's Chevy. I know this is
probably is not a fair question but would anybody venture an opinion on what
it's worth? I'm thinking it's not as desireable as a standard 1/2 ton so could
go relatively cheap!
Thanks,,,I really enjoy this list!!!
Dean
95 K 2500 6.5 TD