Re: [oletrucks] '55 Rear brakes

To: "Spencer" <wits_end@worldnet.att.net>, "Ryan Sain" <rsain@gte.net>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] '55 Rear brakes
From: "Gary Perry" <glperry@fwi.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Jul 2003 00:18:25 -0500
Why change? Why not just rebuild? In 51 on small trucks, they went from Huck
style to Bendix brand and that stayed almost unchanged till they put on disc
brakes. These are good design, just renew. You can get your old shoes
re-lined at brake parts place if they don't have the shoes already done,
wheel cylinders shouldn't be a problem there or on-line vendor sources. That
way you can still use your park brake as it was meant to be and your good!
Now on the front, about same idea, but I kinda like the disc brake kits for
that,using the 6-lug kit to keep stock wheels. If you do that, then a Master
cylinder with two chambers is best. Doesn't have to be a power one, but
needs to be a disc/drum one to work with both.

G. L. Grumpy's
Old Iron Ranch
Huntington, IN 46750
AD trucks and MM tractors