RE: [oletrucks] horn relay - design function? bad to not use it

To: <GremlinGTs@aol.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] horn relay - design function? bad to not use it
From: "Hanlon, Bill (ISS Houston)" <bill.hanlon@hp.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2003 09:57:05 -0500
The problem is that horns take a LOT of current.  Testing with a decent size
wire will cause no harm, but running one from the wimpy #16 or 18 wire that
connects to the horn button wouldn't be a good idea.  And unless you have a two
terminal horn you still need the relay for normal operation because all the
horn button does is supply a ground (for the relay coil).