Re: [oletrucks] horn relay - design function? bad to not use it

To: GremlinGTs@aol.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] horn relay - design function? bad to not use it
From: Mask1966@aol.com
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2003 12:28:40 EDT
In a message dated 7/7/2003 10:04:57 AM Central Standard Time,
GremlinGTs@aol.com writes:

> I'm not sure what the function of the little relay is, I know horns will
> blow with straight voltage, so my question's are :
>
> - what does it really do?
> - will it hurt the horn to be tested with straight voltage briefly?
> - will some horns NOT work without a horn relay?

The purpose of the relay is to allow the use of a low current in the horn
button circuit to energize the relay and control the high current horn circuit.

All horns should work with "straight voltage".

Mike Klepp
'48 3100 5 window
'65 C-10 stepside
Wichita Falls, TX