[oletrucks] 250 towing

To: GremlinGTs@aol.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] 250 towing
From: mark <ccpanel@jps.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2003 11:02:51 -0700
i have towed a car trailer with a 52 panel on it and a engine/tranny combo
in the back of my truck WITH 3 extra wheels/tires AND a nova front
suspension clip over several mountain passes to home in the valley and the
along the freeway at 60 mph...
ALL IN THE BACK OF MY TRUCK. oh-my truck-its a 52 gmc with a 12 bolt
chevelle 3.31 gear rear axle. stock front suspension and disc conversion brakes.
i run a granny 4spd from a 55-7? chevy truck. the motor... duh  duh duh...
ta-da!

a chevy 250 inline 6

oh-ive replaced.. um, well, ... spark plugs and, um... oh-replaced points
dist with a HEI.   the eninge is trong as all get out, i have plenty of
power and well, when they go bad-i still drive them cause 3 cyl still gets
me along the road, i have worn out the original used clutch but that took
almost 10 years and who know how many years before that it was used. i know
it came from CO with that combo. i picked up a used 250 with a used clutch
for 50$ and been driving it for 4 years with no probs...
so yes-it will tow anything but if you can-change that 3spd for a granny low
4spd. bulletproff tranny and for that 1 single time you need that 7.06:1
first ratio-then its there!  =)
mark

  http://customclassics.org

       northern california