RE: [oletrucks] 1968 C-10 rear end

To: <Mask1966@aol.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] 1968 C-10 rear end
From: "Tom C." <c_tom@bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 06:19:54 -0400
Thanks for the advice on that. I have not seen the rear end, my friend is
getting it from his brother, and he said he thought it was a 5 lug, so i
will have him check before he hauls 50 miles to the shop.
I was probably going to have to change the gears to get the ratio i want, is
it possible to change the axels too and get 5 lug? I don't know how much
gears and axels cost, but i am wondering if it is better to get the rear end
free and put in new gears and axels, or get another rear end and may have to
still get new gears and axels anyway.
Thanks again ,,,gotta go to work...
                        Tom In SC
                        55 2nd TF