Re: [oletrucks] 1968 C-10 rear end

To: "Rick Kellum" <redbulldog@cablelynx.com>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 1968 C-10 rear end
From: "Steve Hanberg" <steve@OldSub.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 16:04:53 -0700
My '72 is 5-lug.  I have a buddy with a '71 that is also 5-lug.  Until I
looked at that truck I thought '71s were 6-lug.  My first thought was that
the '71 might have been an early '72, but it has a '71 type rear-view mirror
that hangs from the top instead of being glued to the windshield.  Its
possible, though unlikely, that someone converted the truck from six to
five...

Front disk brakes were standard in '72 and optional in '71.  The 5-lug '71
has front disk, and I wonder if that might be part of it.

I'd like to know...