Re: [oletrucks] Bracing

To: "oletrucks list" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Bracing
From: Bill Broadway <bcubed@vanhalen-irc.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 08:45:46 -0500
At 08:03 AM 7/23/2003 -0400, wayne osborne wrote:
>Recalling that truck looked familiar--I found it was the cover truck to
>Classic Trucks Feb 2003 magazine. The body mod list the hood as being a 55
>chevy with a 3 inch pie cut, if you saw it with the hood down, it is
>visible. The cut would remove a lot of the forward weight of the hood. The
>head light rings are still there, just painted body color and looks like
>the headlights are frenched the say way folks would do their AD trucks
>using a standard kit.
>One bad looking GMC..
>Looking closely at the underside of the hood, you can see the ribbed are
>at the front and back so don't see any room for another piece of metal there.
>Trick look--I agree, and it does look real clean.  --wayne
>

>At 05:00 PM 7/22/03 -0500, Bill Broadway wrote:
>>Can anyone tell me how he got rid of the X brace under his hood?
>>
>>http://www.brotherstrucks.com/shows/2002/images/fullsize/DCP_2115.jpg

I could see how the front of the hood was lower and had less bulk, but it
still looks like to me that the rings are welded into the body and
basically deleted, and yes, it does look like the headlights were frenched
like an AD truck would be.

I guess I will have to try my hood without the brace. I mean, this is a
weekend show truck, and not an everyday driver, so it's not goign to be
bouncing down any dirt roads or anything, lol.

Bill