Re: [oletrucks] new Chevy HHR "crossover" vehicle with '49 Burb

To: "Ole Truckers" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] new Chevy HHR "crossover" vehicle with '49 Burb
From: "Dingo" <Dingo@centurytel.net>
Date: Sat, 9 Aug 2003 13:00:25 -0400
In a previous post of long ago, I had met Jon Moss (designer at GM, gets to
design and play with cool stuff) at the Detroit Autorama in 2002. I gave him
my opinion of the SSR. Basically asked why not a much lower-priced, fixed
roof version, with new 5 cyl. inline and 5 spd stick, steel wheels with
small caps. A low end and a top end. He listened, looked at me and smiled
and said "There will be other versions. That's all I can say". Unquote. And
now a 2006 "49" Suburban! If I gotta go suv or mini van, let it look like an
old 'Burb!

Ed in Mich
'57 3100