[oletrucks] Door Handle Lock

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Door Handle Lock
From: Martin Smith <smithm92@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 12:06:28 -0700 (PDT)
I have a '55TF (mostly original) and I found that the keyed door
handle is on the passenger side. I thought someone must have
flipped and switched handles and was about to consider switching
them back. But, looking at both the user manual and the factory
body manual, it looks like this was the stock configuration. Can
others confirm? I find it hard to believe that Chevy did it this
way since it doesn't seem natural for a driver to lock the
driver's door, slid over and out the passenger door, and then
lock up.
Martin

http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com