[oletrucks] Deluxe heater gaskets

To: "Oletrucks@Autox.Team.Net" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Deluxe heater gaskets
From: "Blaine & Maggie Dumkee" <bmdumkee@auroranet.nt.ca>
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2003 17:35:33 -0600
I am looking for a solution on my deluxe heater on my 1959 GMC 9314.

I have restored the heater, and I do not have the seal or gaskets that go
between the air intake and the fan housing, and then between the fan housing
and the heater core housing. I have no idea what this piece should look
like, and my parts oletrucks dealer does not sell such a thing. In talking
with a guy at a car show he said some people cut a piece of an tire inner
tube to fit between the different housing.

Well I know I haven't explained this very well, but I am hoping someone has
a suggestion, or ????

Blaine Dumkee
Fort Smith NT
Canada