RE: [oletrucks] Deluxe heater gaskets

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Deluxe heater gaskets
From: Bruce Kettunen <bekett@uslink.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 08:59:11 -0500
Yes, both components bolt to the firewall independently.  The gaskets
are just wide, big rubber bands that span the 1/4" or so gap between
components.  There are no bands or anything else to hold it together.

If you can't find a tube with a small enough donut diameter, cut
a 2 inch wide strip and use rubber patch cement to glue it into a
band.

Tubes are available at any good farm store.  Here, even Wal Mart
has them.

Bruce K
57 3200
Mt. Iron, MN

At Sunday, 24 August 2003, you wrote:

>Jon
>
>OK, now I have a few questions.
>
>The different components of the heater do not bolt together or attach,
they
>are simply mounted in a way that they sit side by side. The way
I see it the
>rubber piece needs to act like ducting to direct the air from one
component
>to the next and seal at the same time. When I took the heater out of my
>parts truck there wasn't anything connecting the heater components.
>
>My parts supplier lists them in his catalogue, and has ordered them,
but has
>never received them.
>
>Does anyone know if a supplier's online catalogue shows a picture,
this may
>really help me.
>
>I believe Heavy Chevy lists them as 'Heater Case Joint Band Set',
but shows
>no picture.
>
>Blaine

WALLA!
>Nice new gasket, slightly thicker than the original but better sealing
of
>the heater motor and housings.
>
>Or you could buy gasket material at your FLAPS and do the same with it
>instead of the rubber.
>
>Jon

In talking