RE: [oletrucks] wiring harness

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] wiring harness
From: "Blaine & Maggie Dumkee" <bmdumkee@auroranet.nt.ca>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2003 20:24:01 -0600
Try YnZ's Yesterdays Parts. http://www.ynzyesterdaysparts.com/ They are
about twice the price when I checked into wiring harness's, but I have never
heard about any of the hassles you get from using the cheaper, more generic
harness. It is my understanding that they build you the harness you want,
and not sell you the harness they happen to make.  I think they build a new
harness from your old one, and if you check their web page they list
patterns they already have.

I purchased a harness for my 59 GMC this spring and sent the first one back
because all the little numbers that identify the wiring were missing. And
the second one went back after we realized we would need to figure out and
build the dash wiring, and front signal lights, but this was mainly due to
the harness being Chevrolet and my truck is a GMC.

Needless to say in the end my old harness went back in the truck, and we
rewired from the cab back.

Blaine Dumkee
Fort Smith NT
Canada