Re: [oletrucks] Engine Overhaul - Which way is the right way?

To: "Steve Hanberg" <steve@OldSub.com>, "Wayne"
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Engine Overhaul - Which way is the right way?
From: "Bob KNOTTS" <raknotts@qwest.net>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 17:07:03 -0700
I think Chevy has a hi torque 383 crate engine. I think it was $2500-$3000.
I think I'd try them first. But if your 400 is good basically, it might be
worthwhile rebuilding. Maybe someone put hi compression pistons in it(need
for premium gas).. You probably want to install new pistons anyway. First
thing I'd do is have a GOOD machine shop check the heads and block after you
tear them down. Once you know what you have, go from there. Bob K in PHX.,
AZ.