RE: [oletrucks] Engine Overhaul - Which way is the right way?

To: "Wayne" <wroworth@tampabay.rr.com>,
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Engine Overhaul - Which way is the right way?
From: "Joseph Garcia" <joe_garcia@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 20:05:07 -0700
I would wait until I heard back from the machine shop in regard to the
engines current bore and if it would need to be bored further.  If it's
already bored and needs more then I would scrap it out.  If it was me, I
would build one of my 350 4-bolt main small blocks with a mild cam, Fulie
heads, aluminum intake, 4 barrel carburetor, recurved hei and headers.

Joe

When
> the engine is out I plan to "tidy up" the firewall, inner fenders and
wiring.
> My question is, "What would you do to your 400 if you were me?"
>
> Expectations - towing almost 5000 lbs. across country, want to use
regular gas
> if possible, want torque and horsepower, want it to look cool and very
trim
> and neat, and of course no break downs.
>
> Current specs - 400 cid CSB 2 bolt, edelbrock manifold and two barrel
carb,
> electronic ignition, chevy dress up kit, no other upgrades. Currently
have to
> use high octane when towing @ almost $2.00 per gal these days, ouch!.
Have oil