RE: [oletrucks] Engine Overhaul - Which way is the right way?

To: "oletrucks list" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Engine Overhaul - Which way is the right way?
From: "Wayne" <wroworth@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2003 20:12:43 -0400
OK guys. I here most of you are recommending the 383. Looks like a beautiful
engine. Take a look at the links I have found and I have been talking with the
staff. What do you think? They both will take progress pics and video and send
them via email.

All these links are "turnkey". The first two are from Pro Formance, New Jersey
and the last is Engine Factory also from New Jersey. Both companies have over
25 years in biz and will put in a different cam for my towing. The only
difference I see is the Engine Factory puts in new Edelbrock aluminum heads
making them more $. Pro Formance puts in re-conditioned heads. What's the
difference other than new verses re-conditioned? Pro Formance also says 450 hp
is too much for my application and all I should really need is 350 hp.

http://www.proformanceunlimited.com/specs/383_350_economy.html - $4450

http://www.proformanceunlimited.com/specs/383_420drop.html - $5250

http://www.enginefactory.com/stroker.htm - $5899

Wayne - '47 Chev 1 Ton Panel -