RE: [oletrucks] Old Tire Sizes

To: Jim.Wilkerson@sas.com
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Old Tire Sizes
From: mark@noakes.com
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 14:01:15 -0700 (PDT)
Another argument is why rotate at all?

On my 86 Chevy pickup, I never rotated tires.  The OEM Uniroyals went 48K miles
with
even wear, and then I put 2 sets of Michelins on it that each went 80K miles
with even
wear.  Then I put a set of cheapy tires on it now that the truck is getting a
little
worn at 230K miles...but I'm still not rotating tires on it...

Our technician at work drove a roughly equivalent era F*rd pickup, he rotated
tires
religiously, and that truck still ate tires at more than twice my rate.

I do rotate tires on my wife's Jeep Wrangler and any front wheel drive car I've
had ate
front tires as well.

Mark Noakes

On Tue, 23 Sep 2003 15:40:48 -0400, "Jim Wilkerson" wrote:

> A quick (and unscientific) search on radial tire rotation resulted in a
>general
> consensus that cross-rotation of radial tires is OK and even recommended by
>some
> manufacturers.  Here is a typical comment:
>
> http://www.chicagolandmgclub.com/techtips/532.html

> Jim Wilkerson

anyway.)