[oletrucks] carb choke screws

To: napco4x4@yahoogroups.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] carb choke screws
From: mark@noakes.com
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 14:13:06 -0700 (PDT)
I'm working thru my Rochester 2-bbl restoration and had to take the choke plate
and
shaft out.  It is held in with 2 small brass screws, staked in place, and of
course I
damaged one getting it out.

I was surprised to find that none of the parts places in town carry these, and
the
rebuild kit that I got from one of the old truck mail order vendors doesn't
include them.

Where can I get these small brass screws?

Most small screws general use screws that I might find at a hardware store would
probably be too soft.

I don't really have a tool to restake these in place; is there anything else I
can do to
hold them in?  Is there a Loctite that will do the job?  The last thing I want
is to
have one vibrate loose and head down the engine.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mark Noakes