Re: [oletrucks] Where is everyone?

To: bekett@uslink.net, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Where is everyone?
From: Cadamsarch@aol.com
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 20:27:14 EDT
Hello Bruce and Oletruckers,

Ya, you're right, Bruce. When it is warm enough to plant rutabagas in Blue
Earth, one of Minnesota's southernmost towns, kids on the range are still
making
ice for the next hockey game. When it is warm enough to plant rutabagas on
the range, kids in Blue Earth are getting their Halloween costumes together.

The only constant is, when we're not making ice, planting rutabagas, or doing
the Halloween thing, most of us are working on a Chevy Oletruck, or wishing
we had one to work on.

For you Oletruckers closer to the Gulf of Mexico, or Mexico itself, take
Bruce's words about putting his Oletruck to bed for the winter next weekend
with a
grain of salt. If he's like me, he'll figure his odds of bagging the lunker
eelpout, or the lunker whitetail are much improved if he motors to his favorite
fishing/hunting spot in an Oletruck.

Listen, at zero dark hundred, on the eighth of November, for the creak of a
slowly opening garage door. It'll be not too far from his house. Bruce's usual
hunting partner, if she is a lab, will make that wincing sound only dogs can
make when they smell gun oil but don't get to go along.

A few hours, a couple of days, or a week later, Oletruck will bring the
hunter back to the dog. It will also bring the venison back to the freezer.
Bruce
will take dog and Oletruck for a celebratory drive around town. Maybe, then, he
will put his Oletruck to bed for the winter.

Just my two cents worth.

Regards, happy hunting, and hug your dogs,

Culver Adams
1951 Chevy 3100
(Sort of thinking about a 1962 Suburban, some bogey wheels, and other parts.)
---
In a message dated 10/13/03 4:43:44 PM Central Daylight Time,