[oletrucks] Shop

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Shop
From: "Bill Broadway" <bcubed@vanhalen-irc.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 23:26:57 -0500
This isn't exactly about my old truck, but it definitely will effect its
completion!

At my brother's house, we built a shed for his boat several years ago. Later
on we added on another bay for our future shop, and then when he eventually
got a bigger boat we extended both bays a few feet outwards.

Now the whole thing is about 26' x 26', with 14' x 26' for the auto bay, and
12' x 26' for the boat (23' Caravelle) .. it is built with 4x4 posts
construction with 2x6 framing and a tin roof. Nothing fancy, but it works.

This week we will be pouring the slab, my brother being a plumber we even
went ahead and put in a floor drain. Then in the following weeks we will be
putting up the walls and doors. We were given a ton of kitchen cabinets and
base cabinets and fluorescent lights, so we will mount these to house all
the tools we are accumulating.

I know those of you who have their own shop know my excitement. In the past
I had to sub out my labor to people who had shops, or else borrow someone
else's shop which always meant since it wasn't yours you couldn't leave your
tools lying around. Now we will have our own place and hopefully a kick in
the tail to get my project completed.

As for new tools to house in the shop, I picked up some more jack stands and
another floor jack from Harbor Freight. But my most exciting purchase was 2
sets of wheel dollies. Normally a pair was about $79, but they had them on
sale for about $39 a pair.

Bill
http://www.vanhalen-irc.com/pro55