Re: [oletrucks] Alternate Battery Location

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Alternate Battery Location
From: Bruce Kettunen <bekett@uslink.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 13:41:09 -0500
I've seen AD trucks with a 12 volt battery mounted in the same position
as on TF trucks, passenger side upper firewall, using the same battey
shelf as a TF truck.  It looked like it belonged there.  If you can
look at a TF, it should give you some ideas.

I like the 58-59 mount better than the 55-57.  The main difference
is that the 55-7 needs a metal retainer around the top of the battery
to hold it down.  This retainer comes really close to the posts and
looks like a potential short waiting to happen.  The 58-59 mount
uses a top retainer that bolts from front to back of the battery,
well away from the terminals.  Both are shown in the Chevy Duty
TF catalog.

On the good side, this is a very workable mount.  On the bad side,
the battery is staring you in the face when you open the hood.

Bruce Kettunen
57 3200
Mt. Iron, MN

Bruce K

At Thursday, 23 October 2003, you wrote:

>I need to move my battery location from under the passenger side
floor to the
>engine compartment or some other accessible location on my '52 Burb.
I'm
>installing a SBC w/ auto. What is the best location...on the firewall?
on the