[oletrucks] Bear Claw Latches

To: "oletrucks list" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Bear Claw Latches
From: "Wayne" <wroworth@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2003 06:44:26 -0500
Hi Guys,

Well my doors are stripped and primed and I'm down to the latches, again, and,
after looking at the mechanism and flaws, I've decided to change them out to a
more modern design. I really want to lock my drivers door with a key. Many of
you in the past have suggested bear claw latches but before I order I want to
get the right ones.

My questions are:

- are all bear claws the same?
- will the square shaft of the outside AD handle and the AD inside regulator
fit into the bear claw mechanism?
- will the AD key lock work with the bear claw mechanism?

One of the links I have been looking at supplies the latches and an
installation kit -

http://www.gemstreetrods.com/new_product_photos.htm

What do you think? - Wayne - '47 1 Ton Panel -
http://www.itswhatsnext.com/engine/47_chevy_home.htm