Re: [oletrucks] Rear end ratio

To: wathor@comcast.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Rear end ratio
From: ke6bnl@juno.com
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2003 15:36:49 -0800
With a helper you can mark the tire and drive shaft and roll the car one
revolution of the tire and count the number of turn the drive shaft goes
aroung with two wheels up and positraction with both wheels turning the
SAME direction when rotated the same applies.  With an open differential
one wheel on the ground 2 revs of the tire and count as best as possible
the number of revs of the drive shaft that is the ratio 3.5 times around
drive shaft is 3.5:1  Ed ke6bnl

On Tue, 4 Nov 2003 08:22:35 -0800 "Doug Wathor" <wathor@comcast.net>
writes:
> The prior post from Roger Gleason, described basically the same
> procedure,
> but said rotate the tire two revolutions. This wasn't my original
> question,
> but I would like to know how to do it for future reference. Which
> is
> correct? Rotate the tire one or two revolutions?
>
> Doug

   Ed     ke6bnl@juno.com                     ( 1950 f1 & 1963econo pu

      Agua Dulce Ca.    91390                    70 chevy S/B)  1948 Ford
F3
      So.   Calif. 70 mil N.Eof Los Angeles   1953 Chevy pu 3100)