Re: [oletrucks] Welder needed.

To: phoneman@ticon.net, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Welder needed.
From: "K Ohlgren" <kjohlgren@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2003 06:12:24 +0000
Mark
a lot depends on the money you want to spend. for $1500 you have a stick,
tig, mig welder that your neighbors will envy. I bought a Lincoln Weld Pac
100 at Home Depot 3 yrs ago for $330, that I have been real happy with.
www.mylincolnelectric.com/Catalog/equipmentdatasheet.asp?p=7106
It's a 110Vwire feed, 30-100 AMP welder. I leave it set up on flux core wire
but it can easily be converted to MIG for $130. I like it for the
portability, if thats not a concern, I would step up to the 220V unit. Both
can weld up to 1/4" (3/8" if you know how to weld). There is not a 1/4"
piece of metal on any truck I have owned. I used to be a pipe welder years
ago and thought you needed 300 amps @ 100% duty cycle to be a decent welder.
If your not production welding or putting up water towers, the smaller
welders are easier to weld sheet metal with.
My neighbors have stick welders, guess who does their welding. me.
None of them will be any good if you don't know how to weld.
Kurt
58 Apache project
59 3800 panel 4sale

>From: "mark treutelaar" <phoneman@ticon.net>
>To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
>Subject: [oletrucks] Welder  needed. Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003 20:49:03 -0600
>
>What type of welder would I need for truck restoration . Any
>reccomendations .
>I dont need the best but I want something that can do it all. From frame
>work
>to body work . Im just starting out and Ive got a 467 panel truck and a 55
>Chevy pickup that need restoration . Thanks Mark

Great deals on high-speed Internet access as low as $26.95.