Re: [oletrucks] Chevy 47 panel grille.

To: chevy3100@mindspring.com
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Chevy 47 panel grille.
From: Rick N Wagner <rnwagner@juno.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 10:26:02 -0800
The grill bars are the same, but the back side vertical braces are taller
on the big trucks. I have a set downstairs that I have compared the two
side by side to see the difference.  Rick.
On Wed, 19 Nov 2003 07:23:24 -0800 (GMT-08:00) chevy3100@mindspring.com
writes:
> Hello......The five grille bars are all different in length.  I
> noticed this when I took mine appart and saw that each bar has a
> different number of notches, 1-5.  If I remember right, the grille
> is narrower at the top and wider at the bottom.  When I reassembled
> my grille after being chromed I mismatched the bars and had to start
> over.  With that being said I have a question about the grills.  I
> know that from 1/2 ton through 1 ton the grilles are the same.  what
> about the 1 1/2 ton and larger trucks, are they the same as the 1/2
> ton?
>
> Steve Jr.
> 1951 Chevrolet 3100
> 1959 Chevrolet 3200 fleetside --FOR SALE--

Rick Wagner-Kansas City,Mo--53 GMC Suburban--49 Chevy Suburban--52 Chevy
Pick-up--49 Chevy Pick-up