[oletrucks] any Fuel Injected ole trucks?

To: Old Trucks List <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] any Fuel Injected ole trucks?
From: J Forbes <jforb@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2003 20:10:13 -0700
I'm curious if any of y'all are running EFI on your ole trucks.  I'm
very seriously considering putting a tuned port system on the 454 that's
going in my 57/59 Suburban.  I got the complete intake with injectors,
fuel rail, and throttle body from a 1999 454 truck, and I found a
do-it-yourself controller setup on the net, called MegaSquirt

http://www.bgsoflex.com/megasquirt.html

This controller is a kit, and requires knowledge of electronics,
computers, and automotive electrics and fuel systems to make work...but
I think I can handle it, with the available on line help (there's a
yahoo group devoted to it).

My son Gary and I have also been toying with the idea of using this type
of injection controller on the 235 he's just about done building for his
future truck project.  A one barrel TBI unit from a 4 cylinder car may
work perfect for this, using the stock intake.

So, if you are running efi or planning it, or are interested, I'd be
glad to hear from ya....
--
Jim

Visit the Selectric Typewriter Museum!