RE: [oletrucks] Spare Tire Rack

To: "Jim Wilkerson" <Jim.Wilkerson@sas.com>, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Spare Tire Rack
From: "Joseph Garcia" <joe_garcia@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 13:11:02 -0800
I will go outside and take a picture of an extra spare tire carrier and
email it to you this evening.

Joe

tire rack? I'm trying to figure out how to put it back on and I'm having
some problems! I have two extra pieces of metal that I can't figure out
where they go. Both pieces look like they are designed to reinforce the bed
sides for the additional weight of the spare.  Both pieces have square
holes (i.e. like what would be used for a carriage type bolt) and the holes
are spaced exactly the same - so I believe they go from side to side (or
parallel to the ground). Both pieces are about 15" long and about 1 1/2 "
wide.  One is just flat stock of maybe 1/8" steel the other is a modified
'C' shape if you look at it on-end. Does anyone know where these go?  Could
someone look at their tire rack and enlighten me!  Thanks in advance!  Jim
W.