Re: [oletrucks] 1949 GMC

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 1949 GMC
From: CraggD@aol.com
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 18:43:02 EST
Bob,

'49 was the last year for lever action shocks for GMC.  I have a '49 1/2 ton
with them and the work just fine (rebuilt I am sure).  GM replaced them with
tubular shocks as a cost savings, not because they were less efficient.  The
3/4's have a stock 5.57:1 gear ration, optional 5.14:1.  Might want to check
out
Rob English's oldgmctrucks.com site he has an article on a rear end swap for
3/4-1 ton's.  http://www.oldgmctrucks.com/page0276.html

Dave