Re: [oletrucks] S10 4X4 Frame

To: Ie61pah@aol.com
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] S10 4X4 Frame
From: zman <zman@gibbon.kungfumonkey.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 11:09:25 -0500 (EST)
On Thu, 18 Dec 2003 Ie61pah@aol.com wrote:
>   Either you mismeasured, or I did. I measured one, considering that option
> for my '58. If I remember right, it was about 3-4 inches off.

The S10 chassis I have dealt with are either 108, 118, or 122.9 inches.
The '59 should be 114 inches for the shortbed or 123.25 for the longbed.
The longer S10 chassis works perfect for the longbed '59. The shortbed
takes little bit of finagleing. The more popular approcah is to take the
118 in. chassis and place the cab and adjusting the bed to take up more of
the difference of the wheelbase. Though I still recommend the Blazer
chassis as it's already boxed and has less of a kick up in the rear. If
you look at most of the old trucks the wheels aren't actually centered in
the fenders, this allows you a little room to fudge it around. It's not a
swap that is for the weaka t heart and if you have no fabrication skills I
suggest you seek a little help. Both the hotrodders.com forums and
H.A.M.B. have threads relating to this and they go fairly in depth with
it. I'm even considering the swap for a '57 Buick which has a 122"
wheelbase. I can fudge the .9

--
Scott H. Zekanis
zman@kungfumonkey.com