[oletrucks] interesting bit of info

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] interesting bit of info
From: "stephen johnston" <stephenzone@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 14:23:43 -0500
gidday guys
Jim this little bit of info could have saved me a bundle twenty years ago
when all i wanted was to put wider rims on the old beast

steve 55 tf gmc

From: J Forbes <jforb@mindspring.com>
To: Old Trucks List <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] interesting bit of info
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 13:03:27 -0700

>Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 16:41:10 -0500
>From: "stephen johnston" <stephenzone@hotmail.com>
>Subject: [oletrucks] interesting bit of info
>
>i was over at my friend place checking out the 54 chev 5 window that he
>recently acquired, but as i'm walking around the old beast i notice it is 5
>bolt pattern. i said to my friend did you notice this and his reply was no
>cause he was going to clip it anyways. with a little bit of research i
>figured out the rearend is out of a 57 chev car and the front spindles are
>out of the same. neat

More likely, the front spindles are original, and the hubs and drums are
from a 51-54 passenger car.  The 57 cars used ball joint suspension, the
spindles are completely different.

The 55-57 car rearend and 51-4 car front hubs were a popular swap for the
late 50s trucks in the old days...

--
Jim

Visit the Selectric Typewriter Museum!