Re: [oletrucks] Engine help

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Engine help
From: "Bob KNOTTS" <raknotts@qwest.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2003 10:57:40 -0700
One suggestion. (Maybe two). There are special lubricants made just for
coating new/rebuilt engines.Check at your FLAPS.  One guy I know mixes a
50/50 mix of good quality oil, with STP. Then coats the engine parts. Don't
use the 50/50 mixture in your crankcase. Also, you probably should consider
prelubing the engine. This is done by getting an adapter that fits in place
of the distributor. (Check FLAPS)You first put the adapter into a drill.
Then you turn the engine with the drill power. I don't remember if you take
out the sparkplugs first to relieve the pressure or not. I don't think you
do. But this will get oil into all the passages, including the valve system.
I'm sure there is someone on the list who has done it dozens of times. I've
only done it a couple of times. If you do take the sparkplugs out, be VERY
careful not to let anything fall into the cylinders. Bob K in PHX, AZ