Re: [oletrucks] 50 Chevy 3/4 ton

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 50 Chevy 3/4 ton
From: "Steve Hanberg" <steve@OldSub.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2003 21:29:42 -0800
The 1/2-tons are generally worth more than any of the bigger trucks because
to most people they are more desirable and more collectible.  Same value as
a 1/2-ton?  No, I don't think so.

As for street rod material that's another matter.  The 3/4-ton frame is
narrower at the rear and allows wider tires if that's what you want.  The
frame rails become parallel a lot closer to the front than on the 1/2-ton
trucks, which makes it easier to modify the length of the frame.  If you
want to build a street rod a 3/4 might be a good place to start.

Without knowing a lot more about it I don't know how to comment on the
price.  Its not hard to imagine spending that much restoring any truck, but
I can't imagine paying that much for a 3/4-ton.  But that's just my opinion
and I'd bet anyone with that much in a 3/4 might have a different opinion...