[oletrucks] Stock and Custom trucks at Truck Shows

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Stock and Custom trucks at Truck Shows
From: Pee-Wee <PWeee@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 10:26:29 -0800
I went to the Santa Maria Truck Show this weekend and I was wondering
what your thoughts were about how they mixed the custom classes with the
stock classes? For example, there was a 1959 Chevy 1/2 ton Factory Napco
4x4 that has only 22 thousand original miles on it. There was not one
ding in it and not one reproduction part installed on it, everything was
100% original other than the exterior paint had been repainted to the
exact factory color. He took 2nd place and 1st place went to a 57 chevy
1/2 ton pickup with a chipped up paint job, painted red with fire flames
and sitting on a full size blazer frame. I really don't think those two
trucks should have been compared in the same class, do you? Maybe I'm
missing something, am I?

I have a 58 GMC factory Napco Suburban Carryall and I was put into a
class with 47 to 55 and 55 to 59 Panels and Suburbans together along
with custom and stock all in one group. The two old 1940's ZZ Top
looking panels smoked my stock burb. But I did get best interior out of
all them with my stock burb. I'm not meaning to sound like I'm
complaining, Just wondering if they do this in a lot of shows now? This
was my 1st show to show off a rig. I had a ton of fun and it was a blast
to drive 181 miles one way and talk about trucks with a lot of fellow
truckers. I can't wait until the next show next month!

Your thoughts???
Pee-Wee.

--

1958 GMC 336 V-8 Factory Napco Suburban Carryall
1959 GMC 270 inline 6-cyl Suburban Carryall