Re: [oletrucks] Stock and Custom trucks at Truck Shows

To: Mask1966@aol.com
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Stock and Custom trucks at Truck Shows
From: "Jim (Deacon) and Karen Magill" <dnkmagill@wtxs.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 23:17:39 -0600
   Car Show Time!!!   I am in charge of registration and I can tell you it is a
chore to find something for everyone AND make them happy. Our show is less than
two weeks away and I am already getting email questions about classes that is
really stretching me.
    We are a small town and just trying to get something going for people that
love cars and trucks and this will be our fourth show. We found it takes six
entries to a class just to pay for trophies and plaques so we just can't make a
class to cover everything. In fact we only have two pick up classes , pre 60 and
1960 to present . We had about 80 total entries last year and four or five
classes
were not full so you can see the predicament it puts you in. We did add a
$500.00
best of show this year and $50.00 for each first place and $100.00 for best
Chevy,Dodge, and Ford respectively just trying to fill the classes that we have.
    But I guess the bottom line is that its one of the best days of the year and
you get to meet so many great people associated with cars and trucks. Even with
all the hard work that goes into it I just love it. And by the way, all the
profit
goes to scholarships for area graduating seniors so that makes it even better.
Deacon, CC Riders Car Club
    ps  If you are interested go to   www.geocities.com/ccriderscarclub
and check it out. You might want to make the trip.