Re: [oletrucks] fleetside tail light orientation

To: Old Trucks List <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] fleetside tail light orientation
From: Pee-Wee <PWeee@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 04:53:05 -0800
Mark,
I don't know that much about the fleetside bed lenses, so I may be wrong
on this. But if they look exactly the same, then the only difference
is... the part numbers. Just like on your 58-59 GMC parking lamps, you
know the clear bullet lenses that cover the light bulb are identical but
yet they have separate part numbers for each side also. An old retired
GM mechanic told me that by separating the left side and right side
using different part numbers created less confusion on what exact side
of the vehicle to work on. I'm glad he told me that, because I use sit
and stare at those stupid lenses to try and figure out the difference!!
Pee-Wee.

--

1958 GMC 336 V-8 Factory Napco Suburban Carryall
1959 GMC 270 inline 6-cyl Suburban Carryall