Re: [oletrucks] Speaking of Thermostats - A Total Disaster!

To: wroworth@tampabay.rr.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Speaking of Thermostats - A Total Disaster!
From: Mask1966@aol.com
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 21:15:46 EST
In a message dated 3/30/2004 5:59:27 PM Central Standard Time,
wroworth@tampabay.rr.com writes:
The 383 stroker only had 700 miles on it and ran perfect around town for
three months before the trip. About 200 miles out the engine overheated and
quickly broke down.

Sorry to hear about your bad experience, I had a similar problem with a VW
air-cooled motor a few years back.  Only problem, I was the mechanic.  Nothing
new crank, a couple of rods and bearing set couldn't fix.

Mike Klepp
'48 3100 5 window
'65 C-10 stepside
Wichita Falls, TX