[oletrucks] conclusion on TF and AD Suburban seat study

To: napco4x4@yahoogroups.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net,
Subject: [oletrucks] conclusion on TF and AD Suburban seat study
From: mark@noakes.com
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 16:13:50 -0700 (PDT)
Several of us did a study on compatibility of the seats between the TF and AD
Suburbans--measurements and sketches.  As rare as TF Suburban seats are, the AD
seats
appear to be harder to find, and as expensive as the TF rear seats are, they
are still
cheaper than the reproduction AD seats, so there are times when it is desirable
to use
TF rear seats in the AD Suburbans.

The TF Sub front seat does not fit in the AD Suburban; it's too wide.

The TF middle seat (the short one) fits perfectly in the AD Sub.

The TF back seat (3rd seat)  fits the AD Sub just fine but while the TF seat
has 6
mounting points, the AD Sub floor only has 5 mounts; all that exist match so it
works
just fine.

Thanks to Steve G for motivating this study; he had the need.  I apologize that
I don't
remember the others that participated (it was a while back).

I have two other studies going but have not be able to get away from home to do
them:

1--document interior/exterior paint transitions on my brother's 57 Chevy
pickup; it is a
nonrestored truck in fair original condition.

2--document NOS (third party) TF Suburban rear quarter panel details (take
pictures) so
that a feasibility study could be done on getting these reproduced.  A set of
patch
panels is available now, but the ones that I have are two pieces for each
side...the
whole rear side plus a second small piece to turn the corner for the tail light.

Before the now toddler twins, it wasn't that hard to make the one day 500 mile
almost
all 70 mph interstate round trip to go down to my brother's on Saturdays (which
is where
my Sub currently lives).  Since the fidgets, Saturdays usually get eaten up
with errands
that didn't get done during the week.

Mark Noakes
58/56 Chevy Suburban