[oletrucks] Re: Spring pin & bolt bushings

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net, wschick1@twcny.rr.com
Subject: [oletrucks] Re: Spring pin & bolt bushings
From: Leon Corley <lcorley@ticnet.com>
Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 06:15:36 -0500
I fashioned a homemade puller to get mine out.
I used a carriage bolt and a short piec of 1 1/4 iron pipe.
The carriage bolt head was large enough to grab the bushing, yet small
enough to pass through the hole in the frame bracket.
I attached a photo of my setup. ( probably won't show up for the list
readers)
I broke one bolt doing this but it only cost another buck.

regards,
Leon

>Date: Sat, 8 May 2004 10:27:57 -0400
>From: "William Schickling" <wschick1@twcny.rr.com>
>Subject: [oletrucks] Spring pin & bolt bushings
>
>I am getting ready to put my rebuilt running gear back under the frame. I
>have been unable to get the spring pin & bolt bushings out of the frame. I
>have tried beating the snot out of them, I have tried using a puller to coax
>them out. One has given up it's hold on the front horn of the frame, but the
>others are brutally holding on.
>
>Now for the tough part. I didn't remove these before I had the frame
>painted. So if at all possible I would like to avoid applying the blue
>tipped wrench to the frame.
>
>They didn't seem like they were very loose when I removed the old springs,
>so I wasn't going to change them, but I have been since convinced now is the
>time to do the job right.
>
>Anyone have a method that has been successful at extracting these bushings?
>
>Thanks.
>
>Bill Schickling

[demime 0.99d.1 removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of
P3070061.JPG]